DISTRICT – SVSU
BUILDING – CENTRAL OFFICE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution preferred. A lesser degree may be considered depending on applicable experience at the sole discretion of the superintendent.
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read & interpret procedures, policies & regulations, such as safety rules, operating instructions, & maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to create spreadsheets, presentations, reports and correspondence using a variety of software packages (MS Office, Google Suite). Effective proof reading skills.
- Interprets policy and administrative regulations to officials and the public.
- Communicates information on behalf of the Superintendent, the District and the Governing Board to staff, other districts, and public agencies.
- Handle or direct phone calls to proper person; any “difficult” phone calls (irate parents, complaints, strong opinions, etc.) appropriately handled or referred to appropriate senior staff member.
- With the assistance of the Administrative Assistant/Receptionist, assemble and distribute of all agenda packets for seven boards (regular meetings, committee meetings, board chairs meetings and legislative breakfasts).
- Maintain scheduling calendar for Superintendent, take phone calls/messages and sort mail.
- Backup answering the main phone when needed.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of the Central Office team.
- Working knowledge of financial, payroll, student management and Human Resource Management software applications.
- Responsible for both set up and clean up after a variety of meetings.
- Maintain VT Superintendent info/board member information & contacts (VSA and VSBA) update as necessary.
– Please apply on School Spring
, for more info contact:
Ed McTernan, Director of Human Resources
Southwest Vermont Supervisory Union
246 South Stream Road
Bennington, VT 05201
April 21, 2017