DISTRICT – Pownal Elementary School District, Inc.
BUILDING – Pownal Elementary School
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- All paraprofessionals must meet State definition of Highly Qualified Paraprofessional (HQP) through one of the following: Associates Degree, successful completion (b-minus or better) of at least 48 credit hours from an accredited institution of higher learning, or successful completion of an approved paraprofessional assessment test required.
- Three years or more of relevant experience preferred.
- Genuine desire to work with students with intensive needs required.
- Skilled in the use of the computer applications/programs i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, SWIS, Google Documents.
- Ability to become certified and proficient in the following within 6 months of hire:
- District Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) procedures and protocol
- CPR and First Aid
- Additional training as required for assignment
- Provide academic, behavioral, and transition support to students during all school activities. Work with individual students or groups to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
- Knowledge of Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA).
- Development and Implementation of behavior intervention plans and for students with behavior disorders or other special conditions for the purpose of improving academic, behavior, social/emotional skills.
- Provide social skills instruction to students at all tiered levels of intervention.
- Implementation of Comprehensive, Integrated, Three-Tiered Model of Prevention.
- Model and support the adopted school Positive Behavior Support system.
- Management of the School Wide Information and Check-in and Check-out system.
- Collaborative partnership with school counselor to support student needs.
- Proficient record/file management of data as prescribed to track student progress on IEP goals, objectives, behavior and intervention plans.
- Completion of the required AOE Combined Incident Report annually.
- Management of Rule 4500 Responsibilities and Procedures.
– Please apply on School Spring
, for more information:
Todd Phillips, PrincipalApplication Deadline:
Pownal Elementary School
94 School House Road
Pownal, VT 05261
May 5, 2017